Since I have a lot of new followers on the blog and many people are asking the same – how I train. So I thought I would repost this post from January for my new followers or for you if you want to read it again! It was 10 months ago so maybe you are in the need of it again. Anyway here comes my best tips:
My best tips to start your training:
– Start eating healthy. When you start eating healthy (FUN recipes not just salads) you will see results very fast and that will keep you motivated with the training as well. Search for different healthy food blogs – you will find a lot! Since I started to eat healthy my skin has become much better, and I also feel so much better on the inside.
– Don’t look at the scale. I always get questions like “What’s your weight?” and I mean… does it really matter? It’s about how I feel, not about numbers on a scale. Some people becomes too obsessed with that. Screw that and do ya thaang!
– Variate your training. Try yoga, running, boxing… What is the thing that fits you? What do YOU enjoy? Maybe a little bit of everything? Go to classes if it’s possible. Sometimes seeing other people sweat is a really good motivation. At least I become so competitive in the class haha. Don’t be scared to stand in the front, you will give 110% instead of 80%. And STEP OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE!! Try new things, don’t be scared.
– Try different exercises. Just write on youtube “leg exercise” or “abs work out” and 10.000 videos will pop up. I ALWAYS look at exercises at youtube and take inspiration from there, always adapting it to myself. I normally write down what I want to try and create my training schedule from there. When I don’t have time to go to the gym I have a playlist of 20 minutes work out that I follow. Make sure to change it once in a while so you don’t get bored.
– Buy new clothes! I love to buy new gym clothes in fun colours! It’s like “ok I bought them now I have to go!” haha..No but you can actually look pretty fab in the gym.
– Music!! Aah I don’t function without my music. Favourite songs: G-Unit – Watch me, Kanye West – Black skinhead, Fall Out Boy – My songs know what you did in the dark (longest name of a song?!), Britney Spears – Work B*tch, Nicki Minaj – Feelings myself. If you want the whole list tell me!
– Don’t compare yourself with someone else. Having a motivation picture is ok but don’t feel bad about yourself just because someone else is much fitter. You are YOU, and we are different. Some people gets abs in 2-3 weeks, some people in 6 months. Just don’t give up. While I struggle to gain weight and build muscles, someone else is struggling to lose weight. That’s something we have to understand as well. What’s important is to feel good on the inside as well, not only the outside. I love my body, but I have always been really skinny and weak..I’m striving for a stronger body. I know it will take a lot of time for me but from being the girl that couldn’t do a single push up to be able to do 20, I’m proud even if it’s a piece of cake for someone else to do 20 push ups. As I said, don’t compare yourself with someone else.
So these were my best “start your work out” tips. Do you want more work out posts? I have stopped a bit with recipes/training posts but I’m thinking about starting with it again, let me know! Love, N ♥