– Make a list with all the important things you have to take with you. This is so important for me, if I don’t make a list I always forget something. And when you are packing things down make sure to cross it from the list. Some things that are important for me are my lenses, the liquid for my lenses (I forgot this when I was in Zanzibar and it was HELL) they couldn’t find it anywhere on the island. I was so desperate that I walked around asking people on the hotel haha, never again!! Birth control pills, razor, 2 bikinis , sun cream, make up, hat, sunglasses, a pair of shorts and a top, comfortable shoes, headphones, flip flops, passport, camera, computer, and all the chargers.
I would probably cry if I forgot our camera haha, it’s so nice to create memories with it.
– Put your most important things in the hand luggade. I always make sure to put at least 2 pair of underwear, my makeup, bikini, birth control pills, sunglasses a pair of shorts and 3 tops there just incase the other luggade would be missing for some days. And the computer and camera ofcorse.
– Pack the day before so that you can have a calm morning! You should start this vacation in peace not stress. Use your list and see what you have crossed, maybe you missed something there.
– Buy a guide book or collect facts on the internet where to go in the country you are visitng. Me and Oscar always looks up all the adventures and places we want to visit before we go somewhere. We create a plan depending on the things we want to visit. The Sri-Lanka plan was made like 1 month before we event went haha. We went backpacking and that needs a lot of planning hehe…Ok we were just excited.
– Get to know the culture and make friends! It’s not fun to come home and tell the people what a nice beach you have been in for 2 weeks..I mean I love the beach and if there is a beach I want to spend time there, but maybe not for 2 weeks. I also want to see how the country is like. What’s fun is the adventures, the meetings with other people, maybe learning about new food, religion and most important talk with the locals! You also have to be a bit careful with the camera. For example in Zanzibar some of the locals where really scared of the camera, and then we heard that some people believed in that the camera stole the soul from youe body if you got photographed. So always make sure to ask if it’s ok first.
As I said, make friends with the locals 😉 Me & Mage Raterang in Sri-Lanka , I miss her ♥
A bit little bit of mixed tips but I hope you liked it! What’s your best travel tips? ♥ Love, N